Thursday will be my weekly day for round-ups. I’ll keep you posted about my latest obsessions and the week’s sewing highlights.
I’m calling it Bits and Bobbins. Beware, there are sew many potential puns in a sewing blog. Today is my first Bits and Bobbins.
Bits and Bobbins
- It’s my birthday today – last one before I hit the half-century! I’ll be at Loop Knit Night, tonight, if you want to bring me all the things on my wishlist…Or just drop by for a piece of cake!
- I’m not sure if digital to-do lists are working for me. I’m thinking about going back to a notebook and trying out Bullet journalling.
- Funnest part of my day is voting for the Fugliest of the year, at Fug Madness. I surprised myself Monday, by not voting for Lady Gaga. I gave her a hall pass for wacky clothes and drowned some young person called Seryah instead. Heidi Klum, and the Kardashians will not enjoy the same mercy.
- Used washi tape to hold on my jean pocket before topstitching. This works so much better than pins or spray glue. Spray glue is a pfaff (see what I mean about puns) and pins distort the stretch denim. Washi tape rips off easily and leaves no mess. Its wonders never cease!
- I’ll be tasting wine with Sumi, from Pattern Review, and other sewers at Sew Over It, Islington on April 9th. Anyone else going?
- De-stashing and have uncovered a lot of pink fabrics. Who knew I was so drawn to pink!
- This pink wool burn-out fabric is cut and prepared for another Alice Top. I’ve used every square inch of it. The burn-out areas are completely transparent so I have interlined the whole top with the pale pink lawn from my stash. I think it’s going to be very pretty.
- I was playing around with a new avatar this week. It started out fine, but I realised that I never have my mouth shut, so I kept working on it. Now I’ve made myself too young and pretty. My lips are actually bigger than this, But I’ve only used one of my chins. Am I looking too much like Sarah Palin? Dear God! Be kind, it’s my birthday.