I’m working on my embroidered Alice top with the V-neck adaptation. I’ve used three different fabrics: a Nano Iro double-gauze 80cm remnant, washed linen and a printed lawn. They’re all playing nicely together.
There is a very faint glimmer of metallic overprinting in the Nano Iro gauze and I wanted to pick up on that with some silk/lurex embroidery. I have used a strand of the metallic lurex and a strand of the deeper pink silk thread. The lurex is a little tricky because it wants to do it’s own thing. I would have been better off using a plied embroidery thread. If it doesn’t wear well, I’ll do it again. No biggie.
It’s quite subtle but the lurex catches the light and the embroidery adds texture. I think this is going to be a pretty top. I love how pale it is. Not my usual thing but I’m looking forward to it. I need an orange underdress or skirt to wear with it.
The Nano Iro double-gauze is particularly nice to embroider, because you can bury the thread ends between the layers of gauze.
I have only done a little embroidery, just some subtle running stitch circles, here and there.
I have to throw in another picture, so that this post isn’t too pale. I wouldn’t want someone to get the wrong idea about my colour preferences. Here I’ve paired the top-in-progress with my Tokyo shawl.
That’s a particularly bright passage of the shawl – it has a lot more beige areas really. I used left-over bits of Isager yarns from my stash and combined them with one strand of a light brown Isager Alpaca 1 yarn. The constant strand the beige Alpaca unifies the colour palette and yarn selection. I loved knitting this and I wear it a lot. I think I should do another one. It’s perfect TV knitting and I really like wearing a rectangular shawl.