Next on my pattern round up is this top from McCall’s 7359.
- Another great colour block or print mixing top! However, the panel extends horizontally above the bust here, which could be a tricky look for us larger busted ladies. It would probably work fine if the difference between the patterns isn’t too extreme, like they both have the same colour background (as in the model).
- This panel line gives us an opportunity to make an FBA if we need it.
- McCall’s 7359 is described as a pull-over top that is semi-fitted through the bust. That’s a good thing. Too much excess fabric around the bust and under the arms isn’t flattering. Or you could just put contrasting fabric in the neck and sleeve bands if the horizontal line is too distracting.
- Great for translating into a dress or tunic. Remember to add some pockets in the side seams.
- This is another great pattern for using up smaller pieces of fabric. Both panels use less than a metre in all dress sizes.
- It seems to have a flattering amount of ease.
- The short sleeve versions give a little upper arm coverage.
- This looks like a quick and easy make: No fastenings!