- I have just started to feel better, so there has been a little sewing, on the bags I have cut out. They came together quickly and easily. I was grateful for the motor of my new Juki sewing machine to get through all the layers. I have never used fusible foam before and I think it is quite the marvel. I want to test more varieties.
- Now I am waiting for leather for the fastener and handles for three bags. I’ve ordered them online but next time I want to go shopping for skins myself. I’d love to make a bag from a skin like this.
- I listened to Adam Buxton’s Bowie Wallow podcasts. I love Adam Buxton and he hasn’t disappointed with these podcasts where he mourns the loss of Bowie and muses on the nature of aging, heroes and inspiration. I once spent an afternoon looking at paintings with Bowie. He was a unique, intelligent man and I can understand why he was so idolised.
- There’s lots of discussion and held breath, at my knit night, over season 2 of Outlander, which is coming to Amazon Prime this weekend. I should wax lyrical about the wonderful costumes. I mean just look at these glorious tartans
and this knitted shawl.
- I have been looking for a casual coat dress pattern inspired by this.
I’ve looked through coats and dresses and haven’t found anything quite like it. I guess it’s a linen duster coat. Can anyone suggest a pattern? No Tina Given though. Her fit is crazy. I will make a pattern myself if no one can suggest one.
- Kim won Fug Madness 2016 which seems about right.