- I visited Rye and Dungeness this week and finally got to see Derek Jarman’s house and garden.
I was on a photoshoot, where we were trying to avoid the impending storm. It was great for lighting but hard for model’s hairstyles.
- We also popped into Merchant & Mills in Rye. I know their goods from the internet and trade shows, but I wanted to see the shop and touch the fabrics. Of course it was all wonderful (if a bit rainy).
- I’m lusting after the block printed cottons. The weight of the cotton is fine and drapey. I thought it would be a bit stiff for the kind of dresses and tunics I like, but it would be perfect.
- There’s no question that their linens are the most beautiful! So soft and gently crumpled. Worth the price. I want the citrus yellow so much.
- However, I am starting to think about sewing for autumn and deep blues with browns are on my brain. The fabrics below are from Merchant & Mills and Fabworks. I know I want to combine prints within garments. I need to do some careful planning before I splash out on fabrics.
- To that end, I’m following the Wardrobe Architect series to define my core style and choose wisely what I make and buy for it. I have already completed the surveys from weeks one and two. I’ll share those with you in my next post. We have a small group, who are completing the series, on The Fold Line. Please join in.