- I’m having lots of fun with Me Made May ’16. I wore my new embroidered bag for the first time this week and documented it on Tuesday. I’m also wearing my own shirt and fave Texas birthday cowboy boots. I’ll be doing weekly round-ups of my me made outfits, Mondays on my blog, and daily on my Instagram feed.
- I really enjoyed listening to the latest While She Naps podcast with Kristine Vejar from A Verb For Keeping Warm. This is her great book.
- I just wanted to show you this close up from Lotta Jansdotter’s Everyday Style of the the Pilvi coat. As I recall, she says to top stitch the neck and front. She doesn’t mention this lovely 5cm facing topstitch. Maybe I misunderstood. I didn’t want this for my velvet coat but I will probably stitch it like this in my next version.
- This is a great post on Go Fug Yourself about the costumes and plot of the current Outlander for those of you wondering about the waxing scene, amongst other things.
- I still love this TM Collection top and found some good fabric and trim for making my own version of it.
- Helen Mirren slays at the White House Correspondent’s Dinner. Holy Wow! That is how you look hot and pay tribute.
3 thoughts on “Bits and Bobbins: Me Made May Fun”
Concerning your Pilvi comments…I think Step 15 is where you are instructed on how to do the top stitching variation shown in your Lotta Jansdotter Pilvi coat photo. Her illustration in “H” shows the stitching but her description is not well written.
Lookin’ mighty good!
Knock out boots! You are becoming a style icon.